- Estimate 3/4 lb ribs per person, less for smaller appetites. Leave in strips or cut into 2 or 3 rib serving pieces, if desired, so you can serve them straight from the grill.
- Ribs may be either pre-cooked in boiling water or in the microwave oven to tenderize.
- Brush with sauce and grill over low heat or covered barbecue, applying sauce during last 20 minutes to glaze and crisp.
- A.k.a. baby back ribs, are perfect for easy entertaining. They cook faster than spare ribs and are more tender.
Chinese Style Ribs
- Chinese style ribs are usually cut about one inch deep & sold in long strips. It's best to cut the strips between the bones prior to cooking.
Side Ribs, Breast Bone Removed
- Most side-ribs a.k.a. Spare-Ribs or St. Louis Style Ribs are sold this way. We recommend parboiling the ribs for 45 minutes at a simmer prior to placing on the barbecue. Finish ribs on barbecue, over medium heat, for 10 to 15 minutes, turning often and brushing with your favourite sauce.
Watch our rib basics video.